Click HERE to apply.
No lockouts are permitted in Philadelphia until after May 16, 2021. Check out the Municipal Court Order for more details here.
PHILADELPHIA EMERGENCY HOUSING PROTECTION ACT
Under the EHPA, if you have suffered a COVID-19 financial hardship, you may have the right to:
- Cancel some late fees. Or have late fees you already paid credited to future rent.
- Get on a 9-month repayment agreement for rent owed.
- Go through the Philadelphia Eviction Diversion Program instead of going through the eviction court process.
To assert your rights, you must complete an EHPA Certification form by clicking HERE.
Get in touch with us to learn more.
CDC EVICTION MORATORIUM
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a temporary national moratorium on most evictions for nonpayment of rent to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The moratorium took effect September 4, 2020 and will last until June 30, 2021.
Does the CDC order apply to me?
To qualify for the moratorium, the following must be true:
- You have tried to obtain government rental assistance;
- You do not expect to earn more than $99,000 in 2020;
- You have lost household income because of COVID-19;
- You have been doing your best to pay rent; and
- Being evicted would cause you to become homeless or have to double up.
What do I have to do?
The protections in the CDC order are NOT automatic. You must sign the CDC Declaration and give it to your landlord immediately by hand, text, email or mail. Keep a copy as proof you gave it to your landlord.
To complete the CDC Declaration, click HERE.
Para completar la Declaración en español, haga clic aquí.
Helpful Information on Tenant Rights in Philadelphia
For more information on tenant rights in Philadelphia, go to http://www.phillytenant.org